In each year’s Joint Admissions Exercise, the lowest-scoring O-Level graduates’ points are used to determine admittance to each JC.
This is a helpful guide for secondary students to determine the best JCs for tertiary education.
Keep on reading to learn more about JC cut-off points for 2022!
Who is eligible for the Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE)?
- Permanent Residents (PR) and Singapore Citizens (SC) with O-Level exam results from any year.
- International students who have passed the most recent O-Level exams and are enrolled in a government school, a government-aided school, or an independent school in Singapore.
JC Cut-Off Points 2022
|Anderson Serangoon JC||11||10||-|
|Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)||-||-||5|
|Dunman High School||9||8||-|
|Eunoia Junior College||8||6||-|
|Hwa Chong Institution||5||4||-|
|Jurong Pioneer Junior College||16||14||-|
|National Junior College||8||7||-|
|River Valley High School||9||8||-|
|St. Andrew’s JC||11||9||-|
|St. Joseph’s Institution||-||-||7|
|Tampines Meridian JC||13||13||-|
|Temasek Junior College||9||8||-|
|Victoria Junior College||8||7||-|
|Yishun Innova JC||20||20||-|
What are bonus points for junior college admission?
If a student is enrolled in a JC’s Language Elective Program, their score may be reduced by a maximum of 6 bonus points; if not, it may be reduced by a maximum of 4 bonus points.
- ‘Excellent’ grade in co-curricular activities (CCA): 2 points
- ‘Good’ grade in CCA: 1 point
- ‘C6’ grade or better in both English Language and Higher Mother Tongue Language: 2 points
- ‘C6’ grade or better in the Chinese/Malay Special Programme: 2 points
- ‘C6’ grade or better in Bahasa Indonesia: 2 points
- Enrolled in the Language Elective Programme (Chinese/Malay/Tamil) in JC: 2 points
Get into the JC your child wants with SLC!
SLC is a trusted tuition centre in Singapore that ensures continuous improvements in your child using a more personalised approach compared to other tuition centres.
SLC does not believe in the one-size-fits-all approach.
Each part of our learning strategies complements one another to help students build a solid foundation in language studies.
Ready to see your child pave their way to a brighter future?
Book our free, no obligations diagnostic test today! Slots are always in demand, so be sure to act fast!
If your child has been showing little to no improvements even with the use of practise papers or tuition classes, perhaps it’s time to try something else.
Our Online Diagnostic Assessment helps children to discover his/her ‘problematic’ spots and learning-behavioural profile. This combined with SLC’s method and materials can help your child learn effectively to improve his/her grade and deepen his/her foundation in the language.
Simply fill in the form below to book your Online Diagnostic Assessment now. Slots are limited, be sure to book fast!
By signing up you agree to our terms & conditions. You will receive email messages from us and you can unsubscribe any time.